You will know when it exists -- Obscure journalism direct from our man on the ground.

Wednesday 8 February 2012

THE GLOVED EPIC - A poem for the winter months


I doubt I could even write one poem whilst wearing gloves.

Let alone a trilogy.
Or a pair.
Yes a pair,
Because that better suits gloves.
Or five or ten vignettes,
Each to keep a solitary digit warm.
Has to be...
No.
One will be fine.
The Gloved Epic.
Full of sweaty psalms,
And clumsy tips,
Like;
Never wear ski-gloves whilst typing on a sensitive keyboard.
Your best bet is magic gloves and a quill pen,
I should imagine.
It is minus three outside.
It snowed on Saturday.
And I don't even own a pair of gloves.
But it doesn't matter,
I doubt I could even write one poem whilst wearing gloves.


Creative Commons License
THE GLOVED EPIC by Christopher Gj Cooley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment